Wood Destroying Organisms (WDO) like termites, old-house borer, powderpost beetles, and fungi are the bane of every homeowner’s existence. They destroy the woodwork and cause massive damage to the structure of the house and the possessions within.
Termite Inspection Fort Lauderdale
If you are trying to finance the purchase of a home by obtaining a mortgage, you are likely to be asked for a WDO inspection report by the bank. Even the guarantor (HUD, FHA, etc.) or the mortgage company can ask for the same. The aim of the inspection is to know whether your home is infested with WDO.
The Importance Of WDO Inspection Broward County
If you think termite inspections are a wastage, think again. They are important to ensure a pest-free house. An annual termite inspection will help catch any WDO infestation well in time before they can do any lasting damage. A termite inspection by a professional termite inspector in Broward County will save the homeowner significant amounts of money in repairs by timely recognizing the signs of the problem. It will keep the damage minimal and the costs low.
Facts About WDO Inspection Broward County
Here are a few facts about WDO inspection that you must know upfront:
- It is a costly inspection, but it will save you from expensive repairs later.
- A timely termite inspection can help curb the damage.
- To conduct a termite inspection, the inspector must own an ID card issued by DACS (Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services).
- The Bureau of Entomology and Pest Control is a unit of Florida DACS.
- The Pest Control Section of the bureau controls the activities and issues licenses to the companies in the pest management industry.
- Guardian Angel Inspections has the proper licensing to do termite inspections in Broward County.
Termite Inspection In Fort Lauderdale – How It Happens
First up, a termite inspection is a visual examination of the home’s outer and inner structure. Some of the places that will undergo thorough scrutiny are:
- Main level
The Inspection – The termite inspector in Broward County will inspect the home top to bottom to look for signs of termites and other WDO and conditions conducive to their infestation, like dead trees or stumps near the house, branches touching the house, gutters that leak, etc.
The Report – Using a standardized WDO inspection form, a detailed written report that covers all the findings and observations will be submitted to the homeowner. The inspector will also write his recommendations for remediation and treatment estimates.
Guardian Angel Inspections For WDO Inspection Fort Lauderdale
Guardian Angel Inspections is a family-operated, licensed and insured, multi-inspector company serving Southeast Florida.
- We are well known as the leading termite control company in Fort Lauderdale.
- All our home inspectors are InterNACHI (International Association of Certified Home Inspectors) certified professionals.
- Our termite inspectors are very thorough. They can even identify small signs of termites and other WDO infestations.
- We work for the homeowner so giving them an accurate picture of our findings is our topmost priority.